Monday, December 5, 2011

On being half-way through the ‘danger zone’ (10/4/11)

I am very excited to have my first OB appt in a week. I still have to get through this week, but happily have my little bro’s wedding and a work holiday to help pass the time. Of course I’m anxious, wanting to hear that I have a viable pregnancy and possibly get to see, or more likely hear, my little one. There’s a lot of excitement and fear surrounding this appointment for many reasons, some I cannot go into, so I’m ready for it to be next week.
Past that, I’m still waiting for the possibility of more symptoms…especially morning sickness. I can say that I have been feeling off, but it’s more of an upset innards or feeling like I have low blood sugar or just not being interested in anything healthy. I am limiting myself to looking at the scale only a couple of times a week. I’m trying not to obsess, but I feel like I started out a few many pounds too heavy and I’ve already gained a few…blech.
The whole point of this post was actually to relay that I cannot wait to tell everyone…to get to the point where the worst of the danger is over and breathe a bit easier (until my belly makes that harder). I’m looking forward to showing and all the comments and jokes that are bound to ensue once my coworkers are aware. I want to openly celebrate! I guess in my head, I’ll feel more pregnant if I can acknowledge it.
Oh well, until then, a select few are in the know. And my appointment is in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear (read?) your thoughts!